Sin Fronteras Journal is accepting submissions now, until June 30. There’s no need to wait until the last minute!
What are we looking for? Previously unpublished work of good quality, on a variety of topics and in a variety of styles. We like poems about borders, including but not limited to our own border with Mexico. And not only geographical borders.
We like a bit of Spanish, even a pair of poems, one in Spanish, one in English, as long as both are your own work. (Two people could submit together).
We like free verse and we like forms, as long as they are done well.
A poem longer than two journal pages (about 70 lines) would have to be very good indeed and shorter prose has a better chance than a piece pushing the 3,000 word limit.
Consider the 4 1/8” print width of our pages before sending poems with long lines. Show us. where you would want the lines broken
For email submissions, here are some things to remember:
- Send submissions as a single email attachment. Word (.doc or .docx) works best for us.
- Include contact information in the document, as well as in the body of the email.
- Include your name in the document title.
- Put “Submission – poetry” or “Submission – prose” in the subject line of your email.
- Include a brief third-person bio in the email itself.
- Send your submission to email@example.com
For mail submissions and for other details, check the Submissions page.